Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby, its cold outside.

Today the University of Pittsburgh is snuggling beneath a gorgeous white blanket. This is the first real snow fall. My rule of thumb is I may listen to Christmas music heavily either after Thanksgiving or upon the first snow fall. Granted I listen to this fab music year round, people tend to judge if you are breaking it out in july. Typically I have to wait until Turkey day to give into my addiction, but luckily I recently moved to a very snowy city. I am head over heels in love with the Holiday season; I am in a perpetual fantastic mood from this day until January 2nd. This snow fall means soon I get to go home to Philadelphia to drink mint hot cocoa with mum and watch A Charlie Brown christmas, String popcorn while watching/acting out/singing a muppet christmas carol with Bitsey, eat thousands of Apple Cider Doughnuts and sled with Brittany and Julie and best of all go to Longwood Gardens as much as possible. Nothing is better than this time of year. Nothing.

To celebrate the kick off of Christmas time, I thought I'd upload my favorite Holiday album (Besides Charlie Brown which will come closer to J.C.'s B-day). All the silly alternative shit and Mariah Carey is fun to sing in the car but this is a classic. Classics are required for baking, tree trimming, tea drinking, etc. This is a great album and is not too heavy on the religious stuff for those of you who don't dig it. 
Favorite Tracks: Baby, Its cold outside, I'll be home for Christmas, Mistletoe and Holly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your blog is fab. I'm pretty sure you can sled in Schenley park if you need to give into your sledriding addiction in pittsburgh.