Thursday, November 13, 2008

I'll write home everyday

Ok so 30 seconds after I posted the last little guy I decided that I was going about this all wrong. So, I will be uploading the essencials of Miss J. Grier's life. These next few albums hold intense emotional importance with me; thus you deserve to have them.

Lets start at the very beginning. 

My mother is my favorite human being on this earth and in all of History. Whenever people ask "who would you have dinner with dead or alive, if you could pick ANYONE?" I always think of mum. If you are foolish to think I'm smart or well read or cool; thank Denise Grier. She took me to my first art museums, introduced me to the best books and as you will see, played for me the greatest music. Her sister was a flight attendant living in L.A. from 68-72ish until she passed away; needless to say she was incledibly fabulous, incredibly hip and very aware. She was dating the Manager of the soon to be rather famous band Chicago and ran with an unbelievable crowd (which ultimately lead to her demise.) Obviously, she loved the Beatles. While my mum was in high school, she spent her summers in L.A. with Phyllis just hanging out, going to shows, galleries, protests and of course Disneyland. After my aunt was killed after her senior summer in L.A., my mother clung to the music her sister introduced her to. As a result I was raised on The Beatles. Everyone says that, but I really was. Blackbird was my lullaby. And I can remember screaming Do you want to know a Secret? in the car on the way to preschool. My wonderful mother keeps her favorite person alive though this stuff and, thankfully, passed that love on to me.

My earliest memories of this deeply rooted passion are from two early albums. I feel like these days its very cool to love Abbey Road and Yellow Submarine, but all too often the early things get over looked by our generation. This is the music that made them famous. I feel like you cant truly understand and appreciate the Beatles unless you understand where they started. So cheers to the quartet practicing in the park. This is the first Beatles installment of many,in honor of my biggest influence, my mum.




Favorite Tracks: Do You Want To Know A Secret?, Misery, P.S. I Love You


Favorite Tracks: Till There Was You, Devil In Her Heart, All My Loving


No comments: