Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tie strings to clouds.

This post is for/by the request of Ms. Molly E. Rectenwald.

I'm sure you all like these guys:

So do I! But I must admit, Sigur Ros most often finds its way into my sleep/study playlists. With summer upon us, I think (most) everyone can agree that something with a little more spice would be desirable to march to down Forbes in smoldering heat. 

Odin has provided. Summer '010 for me is all about this guy:
Jonsi's solo album "Go" is flawless in my humble opinion. He doesn't stray from the triumphant, full sound of Sigur Ros but provides us with a slightly more upbeat perspective on their signature style. The fullness of each song is pretty remarkable, it kind of takes over your entire brain and fills up your soul. Maybe that's a bit dramatic, but 'Go' has that je ne sais quoi... it is completely captivating.  His voice is still just as hauntingly gorgeous, this guy is a unique talent to say the least. And dont worry, he's still making his funny faces:

Pitchfork gave his solo debut a 8.1, but who give a shit about Pitchfork? Rate it for yourself, I doubt you will be disappointed. 


Songs to explore glacial rivers to: Go Do, Sinking Friendships, Around Us, Animal Arithmetic

No comments: